Sunday, October 18, 2009

angrywifey declares: the problem lies within you

Ahh.. It would be wonderful if one day society woke up and, as a whole, understood the complex workings of the human brain- our on board computer they sent us off with, neglecting to include an instruction manual or even a trouble shooting guide. Centuries have been spent prying into this vast wonderland between our ears and still we've not gotten very far. Its quite ironic really, thinking.. about how we think..

I guess that's what all those shrinks and spooks are for. All those college courses and self help books, seminars and spiritual retreats.. They all, in one way or another, take money and use it to dissect the brain and supposedly help those in need navigate through the twists and turns of life. (You also have your cost free ways of peering into your "self". Long walks, meditation, journals, blogs, support groups, lifetime movies- excuse me as I choke down this vomit.) All in all ,there ARE some successful paths that have been carved out by previous generations. So why do people act certain ways, are able to anticipate and define those actions or reactions, and then look so confused as to how to change for the better? In the wise words of my mom, "I don't know."

Today it seems I have been dealt the hand of dealing directly with people who ask for help and then complain and make excuses when you try to help them. Also with people who have shady and questionable tendencies and are offended that they aren't trusted fully. Oh my gawd. Lets get some SELF AWARENESS folks. Ill say it again: SELF AWARENESS. Its an easy concept, hard in application. If you are aware of your actions or reactions then you can better control them. Simple. The only thing that may be complicated for some is the "self" part. That doesn't leave room for anyone else to keep after you and how you act. It doesn't allow for any emotional babysitters or enablers. And it sure as hell shouldn't mean that someone has to explain to you when and why you are out of line. It means just what it means, YOU are responsible for YOU. Be mature and try to be aware of why people make assumptions about you based on past experiences, or based on a collection of things that came straight from your mouth. The answer lies within you because the problem lies within you.

2 comments:

  1. Wow,cuz,this is very insightful. Who pissed you off? Let me guess.lol. I love the way your mind works. You are one of the smartest,most insightful women I have ever known,let alone,had the pleasure of being related to. Really.
    Keep 'me comin' girl.I love your blogs.
    I'm on here too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! its nice to know someone besides me appreciates my opinion lol

    ReplyDelete